In Obstacle to Peace, you’ll learn:
- How US and Israeli policies have strengthened Hamas
- Why Israel implemented an illegal policy of collectively punishing the civilian population of Gaza, and how it’s been able to do so with impunity
- What really happened during Operation Cast Lead and Operation Pillar of Defense, two of Israel’s large-scale military assaults on the defenseless Gaza Strip
- What the so-called “peace process” is and why the US pursues it so aggressively
- Why Israel attacked the Mavi Marmara in international waters, and why the US defended the killing of nine peace activists on board
- How Israel has maintained its occupation of Palestine and what must happen to bring it to an end
- What must occur for Palestinian refugees to have a realistic hope of exercising their right to return to their homeland
- How and why the US mainstream media manipulate information so as to manufacture consent for US foreign policy
- How to decipher the euphemistic language used by the government and media to deceive the public
- How the United Nations helped create the conflict and how Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has played a duplicitous role
- What the Goldstone Report was, what its findings were, and why it so upset the US and Israel
- How, despite congenial rhetoric to the contrary, the Obama administration has continued the longstanding US policy of rejecting the rights of the Palestinian people
- And much more!
Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be able to join the discussion and become an effective voice for peace.
Help effect the paradigm shift necessary for a just solution to be achieved!