Read the First Chapter Now for Free!
Sign up now to receive a free excerpt including:
- The Table of Contents
- Richard Falk’s Foreword
- Gene Epstein’s Introduction
- Jeremy R. Hammond’s Preface
- The entire first chapter, “The Rise of Hamas in Gaza”
Plus, get a free primer e-course giving you the most essential need-to-know information about the Israel-Palestine conflict and the opportunity to have your questions answered by the author!
What’s Inside the Book
Why has peace in the Middle East remained so elusive?
Obstacle to Peace not only provides the answer, but also explains why you won’t hear it from U.S. government officials or the mainstream media.
With incisive and provocative analysis, Jeremy R. Hammond provides a meticulously documented account that explodes popular myths and deconstructs standard narratives about the Israel-Palestine conflict.
For anyone seeking a better understanding of the conflict’s root causes, the true reasons for its persistence, and the way forward, Obstacle to Peace delivers the knowledge and insights to effect the paradigm shift required to achieve justice and peace in the Middle East.
What You’ll Learn in Obstacle to Peace
Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn the truth about in this book:
- How US and Israeli policies have strengthened Hamas
- Why Israel implemented an illegal policy of collectively punishing the civilian population of Gaza, and how it’s been able to do so with impunity
- What really happened during Operation Cast Lead and Operation Pillar of Defense, two of Israel’s large-scale military assaults on the defenseless Gaza Strip
- What the so-called “peace process” is and why the US pursues it so aggressively
- Why Israel attacked the Mavi Marmara in international waters, and why the US defended the killing of nine peace activists on board
- How Israel has maintained its occupation of Palestine and what must happen to bring it to an end
- What must occur for Palestinian refugees to have a realistic hope of exercising their right to return to their homeland
- How and why the US mainstream media manipulate information so as to manufacture consent for US foreign policy
- How to decipher the euphemistic language used by the government and media to deceive the public
- How the United Nations helped create the conflict and how Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has played a duplicitous role
- What the Goldstone Report was, what its findings were, and why it so upset the US and Israel
- How, despite congenial rhetoric to the contrary, the Obama administration has continued the longstanding US policy of rejecting the rights of the Palestinian people
- And much more!
Who Should Read Obstacle to Peace?
Obstacle to Peace was written for anyone interested in seeing a just and peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, even if possessing little prior knowledge of the subject. Readers who will benefit from reading this book include:
- Any layperson who would like to understand what the conflict is about, why it persists, and how it can be resolved